“When you take risks you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important”.
Some of the biggest challenges as you consider doing something different is to have the right people in place, with the right attitude, doing the right things. Even more challenging is having a top notch governing board in place which offers sufficient challenge to provoke top level thinking but high quality creativity to consider the vast range of possibilities to make things happen. The 7 questions below can help scope the innovation governance agenda.
1. Is each individual clear about his/her role and how it fuses with the rest of the team?
2. What risks are ready to bear to meet your goals?
3. How can you integrate your values and beliefs into your innovation?
4. With whom should you innovate (alliances, peers, collaborations, partnerships)?
5. What resources do you need to commit to implement necessary innovation?
6. How can you communicate effectively within and outside the organisation?
7. What are your benchmarks for success?
Please let me know how you get on. Good luck!