Coached Leaders help others grow. There is a huge difference in results produced by coached boards and those that are not.
Highly effective coaching increases the effectiveness of boards. By providing the Chair and board members with new skills and frameworks for growing and developing the Organisation and the chief executive, leaders can have a profound effect on the improvement of the organisation.
This can show up in different ways, such as:
- Chances to network with other organisations that are passionate about professional development and learning and this includes coaching.
- Exploring and implementing new and exciting ways of delivering the mission. This leads to an increase in satisfaction and motivation
- Higher levels of membership engagement, participation and commitment, as the dialogue becomes more robust and people feel listened to, heard and valued .
The key is for any board who wishes to embrace coaching to grasp its responsibility for developing more effective leaders, improving productivity and engagement and enhancing the performance of the organisation. Schedule coaching sessions in order to make coaching a priority, otherwise it will slip down the list of things to do.
Add the following details:
• When (add to calendar)
• Where (location map, direction, weather). Coaching sessions can also take place online.
• Planner – any action plans that need to be followed through (add to the coaching itinerary ).